Striving Is Not Waiting

We got into a huge fight today and I feel like crap.

I am tired of all this striving. I'm putting so much emotion and energy in a person who depletes my supply. Why is it so hard for guys to say a simple "I'm sorry"? That is all it takes. Really.

Ironically enough, Pastor Brian's message two Sundays ago at church really hit me. (What's new? Pastor Brian always does that.) His message was about waiting on the Lord. He basically said the following: panicking is not waiting, striving is not waiting, fighting is not waiting, and scheming is not waiting.

Lord, help me to wait on You. Clearly, I am having difficulties. 

This entry was posted on Oct 19, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response .

4 Responses to “ Striving Is Not Waiting ”

Yvonne said...

Did you see my verse for this month?

Siesta Scripture Memorization: Verse 20) Be still, and know that I am God; ~Psalm 46:10a(NKJV)~ (:In the NASB it says, Cease striving:)…

Liz said...

I did not see it! Thanks for sharing! :)

Unknown said...

I get your blog every day and today really hit me. My husband and I have been through some very hard times ourselves - in our relationship - yet God is so very faithful and His Holy Spirit continued to work in our hearts individually and bring us together. Arguments are very hard in a marriage -- and I know what you mean about needing the simple, "I'm sorry". Hang in there, girlfriend -- know that you are not alone. God IS able to do exceedingly abundantly - more than we ask or think.....Love you! (My name is Liz too!)

Liz said...

Wow! Thanks so much for the encouragement! I am glad my blog can be a blessing to you! :)

Praise God for being so faithful! It's a learning process! Thankfully, he remains faithful even when we are faithless!

Leave a Reply