Up until two days ago, I had no idea what a Flapjack was. I've tasted store-bought flapjacks before, but the consistency was all wrong. I didn't even know that flapjacks were supposed to have oats in them! Based on the store-bought ones I tasted, I decided I don't really like flapjacks.
Then, a friend came over for a baking day. She brought along her mother's flapjack recipe and made a new convert out of me.
Two days later, I desperately needed to make a new tray because my husband and I had already finished the previous batch! It is the simplest recipe ever....Here's to getting fat! :P
- 150 grams butter (2/3 cup)
- 2 Tbsp. golden syrup or treacle (molasses)
- 200 grams sugar (1 cup)
- 300 grams oats (3 1/3 cups)
- Melt butter and syrup
- Mix in sugar and then the oats
- Spread evenly onto a baking sheet
- Bake at 170ºC for 15-20 minutes