Recipe: Crockpot Beef and Bean Casserole

Ever since my baby was born, I feel like I've sucked at being a housewife. My poor husband is stuck eating sandwiches most days for dinner. How boring!

This past week, I have been trying to find good crockpot meals to make for dinner. The problem is, I've noticed that most of the pinned crockpot recipes on Pinterest take A LOT of prep work. That just isn't practical for this new momma. I'm sure there are others of you in the same boat I'm in.

Anyways, there have been several go-to crockpot recipes I made quite frequently before I was even pregnant and I realized it wouldn't hurt to resurrect them. I've adapted one of the ones I found online to make it my own and seeing as I made it yesterday for dinner, I'd definitely say it's doable with a newborn in the house! This recipe makes about 4 servings (for big eaters!), but it'd be quite easy to double if you want some leftovers!

Enjoy!

Recipe: Crockpot Beef and Bean Casserole


Ingredients:

  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 cup rice
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 can kidney beans
  • 500g beef mince
  • 1 can chopped (diced) tomatoes
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 Tbsp. seasoning salt
  • 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
  • 1 Tbsp. dried onion flakes
  • 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
  • 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • salt & pepper to taste

Instructions:

  1. Put the Tbsp. of olive oil into the bottom of your crockpot and add the rice. Swirl the rice around in the olive oil until it is coated nicely.
  2. Add the beef mince to the crockpot.
  3. Drain and rinse the beans and add them.
  4. Add the chopped tomatoes, water, and seasonings and stir everything.
  5. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
  6. Enjoy!

This entry was posted on Apr 17, 2015 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response .

Leave a Reply