Chasing Pita Bread

My family is not so typical.

While most families spend their 4th of July in the backyard barbecuing hamburgers and hot dogs, we choose to barbeque fish. Keep in mind, we are Egyptian, so we are unable to eat fish without pita bread.

"Uhoh...we don't have pita bread??"
"Can you go get some from the 99 Cent Store?"
"Ok."

Here we go, a not so typical day has assigned me a not so typical adventure. Chasing pita bread. I drive over to the 99 Cent Store only to find they have every kind of bread ON THE PLANET except for pita bread. I call my mom and she tells me to go to ValueMart. Yay for ghetto grocery stores!


I pick up four bags and drive back home. I get home looking like I just took a shower and forgot a towel. Yay for 104 degree weather!

Moral of the story: Appreciate your family. They might not assign you to the wonderful task of chasing pita bread, but they still deserve your love.

Happy 4th of July, everyone!

This entry was posted on Jul 4, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response .

3 Responses to “ Chasing Pita Bread ”

Yvette said...

you've inspired me to eat some pita bread before i sleep hahaha

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!ANOTHER REASON WHY i LOVE YOU..SOMEONE ELSE WOULD ESILY BE UPSET THAT THEY HAD TO GO FIND BREAD IN SUPER HOT WHETHER...BUT TO YOU...IT'S A WONDERFUL BLESSING!!!

JANETTE

Liz said...

aww thank you! i love you too! =]

Leave a Reply