Recipe: Homemade Pumpkin Butter

I thought living in a country that lacked Target was bad...and then I realized I lacked more than Target...Trader Joe's is lacking too! What a catastrophe!


No more seasonal yummies right at my fingertips. And then Pinterest happened. 

Enter about 20 different pumpkin butter recipes. After a lot of research and a bit of experimenting, I have come up with my own amaaaazing pumpkin butter recipe! It's so good on top of a crumpet, english muffin, or a piece of toast. In fact, I like it so much I'm tempted to eat it straight from the jar with a spoon. Shhh, don't tell my dentist. 



Pumpkin Butter
Yields: Approximately 1 cup

Ingredients:
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1/4 cup water (or apple juice!)
• 1/2 teaspoon allspice
• 1/4 teaspoon ginger
• 1/4 teaspoon clove
• 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 1/2 cups pumpkin purée

Instructions:
1. Combine everything in a medium saucepan over medium-low, stirring occasionally.
2. Once mixture begins to bubble, lower heat and allow to simmer.
3. Check roughly every 10 minutes and stir so the mixture along the edges of the saucepan doesn't burn.
4. When mixture becomes thick (so it doesn't slip off of a spoon—roughly 40-50 minutes), remove from heat.
5. Allow to cool, then enjoy!
6. Store in a glass jar inside the fridge.

This entry was posted on Nov 14, 2013 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response .

Leave a Reply