Recipe: Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

I have a reputation for altering recipes. I find the recipes online, change them up to my liking, and then when I go to make the item again, I've forgotten what changes I made the time before. It's quite a frustrating cycle. I decided that I don't want to deal with this problem any longer. My solution? Repost my altered recipes on my own blog! 
Here's my first one! I love all things pumpkin so I decided to add pumpkin to an all-time favorite! Lo and behold, someone had already done it! Below, you'll find my altered recipe for pumpkin oatmeal cookies!

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
Yields: Approximately 20 cookies
















Ingredients
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour 
  • ½ tsp baking soda 
  • ½ tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp salt 
  • ½ tsp cinnamon 
  • 2 Tbsp butter (room temp.) 
  • ½ cup pumpkin purée 
  • ⅓ cup brown sugar 
  • ⅓ cup white sugar 
  • 1 large egg 
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract 
  • 1½ cup rolled oats 
  • ⅓ cup dried cranberries or nuts (optional)
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon until very well combined.
  2. In a large bowl, beat together the butter (room temperature), pumpkin, brown sugar, and white sugar on low speed. Once they’re well combined, add the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined again.
  3. Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and beat on low speed just until a thick, creamy batter forms. Add the dry oats and the optional dried cranberries or nuts and stir them into the batter with a spoon.
  4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon the batter onto the baking sheet in 2 Tbsp portions, leaving about 1.5 inches between each cookie. The cookies will not spread much during baking, so gently pat them down into flattened circles.
  5. Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 16-18 minutes, or until slightly browned on the surface. Allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack before eating.
  6. Store in an airtight container. 

This entry was posted on Nov 13, 2013 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response .

Leave a Reply