Distract Me.

It seems like I have been praying the same prayer for a really long time. Looking back on my prayer journal, I realize how repetitive I am. But that's probably just because my struggles remain the same. I am weak. What's wrong with me? Am I not standing on the firm foundation? Why am I wobbling? Why am I so easily distracted?

Church was such a blessing tonight. And afterwards was a blessing too! I have such wonderful friends (shout-outs to Melissa, Marie, Maggie, and my most recent friend Katie)! But once again, the distractions come. Sometimes, I wish I could turn my brain off. Thinking is a dangerous thing. When I'm alone and my friends aren't there to talk to, my mind runs at like a million miles per hour! It's horrible! Totally distracting me from hearing the still, small voice of the Lord. It's so frustrating!

If you're reading this, you probably have no idea what I am talking about. And for that, I ask you to forgive me. But since you've just wasted a moment or two reading this confusing blog, I ask that you just say a quick prayer for me. Please pray that God takes away these chronic mind distractions/frustrations. Thanks friends.

God, please distract me from life and draw me completely into You.

This entry was posted on May 6, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response .

One Response to “ Distract Me. ”

Holly Stavness said...

hey sweetie:) I just wanted to let you know that I prayed for you. If I could I would love to offer a suggestion. Those thoughts come in and it looks like you know how to detect them. So once they come replace them with truth. Get into the word and write some verses down on a 3x5 card. Then when those thoughts come, go straight to God's word. Say them out loud and then think and meditate on them:) Love you! I'll talk to you soon:)

Leave a Reply