Though I wandered, He remained faithful.

On January 5th, I wrote a blog about my goal to be completely content in Christ. Well, after 4 month of wandering off of that path, I am picking up my feet and taking steps back in the right direction.

I faced some distractions lately, ones that may not seem that big to everyone, but ones that have been huuuuge for me and even caused me to lose my focus at times. Distractions that caused me to fear my future wouldn't turned out as planned. But why am I afraid? "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind" (1 Timothy 1:7). God is so faithful. Why am I worried about my future plans? He's got it all covered! "If he can hold the universe together, He can definitely hold our lives together!" -Garid Beeler.

Church was amazing tonight. (What's new?) I felt like Garid was talking right at me. Something he said really hit home. "If you are not completely satisfied with who you are in Christ, then you will never be satisfied." Wow. Ouch. Am I grasping for the wind? Am I looking to be satisfied by things other than Christ? For the past 4 months, it sure seemed like it. But here I am, once again, restating my goal to be completely content in Christ.

Here I am, Lord, handing everything over to You once again. Cause me to be content right where I am, desiring nothing more but You. Thank you for remaining faithful, even when I wander off.




"Faithful One" by Selah

I find no hope within to call my own
For I am frail of heart, my strength is gone
But deep within my soul is rising up a song
Here in the comfort of the faithful one

I walk a narrow road through valleys deep
In search of higher ground, on mountains steep
And though with feet unsure, I still keep pressing on.
For I am guided by the faithful one.

Faithful, faithful to the end,
My true and precious friend,
You have been faithful,
Faithful, so faithful to me

I see your wounded hands, I touch your side
With thorns upon your brow you bled and died
But there's an empty tomb, a love for all who come
And give their hearts to you, the faithful one.

Faithful, faithful to the end,
My true and precious friend,
You have been faithful,
Faithful, so faithful to me

And when the day is dawned and when the race is run
I will bow down before God's only Son
And I will lift my hands in praise for all you've done
And I will worship you, my faithful one.

This entry was posted on May 13, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response .

Leave a Reply