Thriving.

At Upper Room last night, the guy who spoke said something very convicting. I have heard it before, but for some reason, I really felt convicted last night. He said that whole thing about if the church was in the same spiritual state as an individual person, would that church be thriving? I thought about it and thought about my life right now. If the church as a whole was praying as much as I was now, it would not be thriving. If the church as a whole was reading their Bibles as much as I was now, it would not be thriving. If the church as a whole was loving as much as I was now, it would not be thriving. This is a problem. 


God, please help me thrive for You. Bring me back to the place where I connect with You each and every day. Give me a greater desire and passion for You. Grow me and stretch me. 

"In my life,
be lifted high.
In our world,
be lifted high.
In our love,
be lifted high."

This entry was posted on Nov 20, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response .

4 Responses to “ Thriving. ”

Jillian, Riverside said...

can i please just copy and paste this as my own blog? i thought the same exact thing, and then i wanted to cry.

Liz said...

go right ahead.

accountability buddy? =]

Amy said...

i love this song!
this is so true!!!
thanks Liz! :)
:)

K.C. said...

Word. Preach it lizzy.

Leave a Reply