God is in control and He's got it all covered.


People have been telling me this for aaaages: "When you have a baby, plans are always going to change last minute." I'm learning that...already.

Just about 20 minutes ago, I received a letter in the mail informing me that my ultrasound appointment that was scheduled for this Friday was being postponed until Tuesday. Initially, that doesn't sound like it's the end of the world, but just wait until you hear read this:

Craig already filled out a time off request form at work so he could come to my ultrasound.
Now he is going to have to change his request.
We already planned a gender reveal party for this Sunday.
Now we have to postpone it.
We already invited people over.
Now we have to un-invite them.
We already contacted a bunch of cake places.
Now we have to go through that all over again.

Why do things like this happen to me?! What is God trying to teach me? Is it patience? Or trust? Or both?! Probably both.

I just have to keep reminding myself that God is in control and He's got it all covered.

This entry was posted on Sep 10, 2014 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response .

Leave a Reply