Prudence

I wrote three blog drafts late last night and realized today that I shouldn't post any of them. Note to self: your blog is not your journal. There's a lot going on in my life these days, a lot that's keeping my brain and heart occupied.

I have been praying a lot about prudence, something I don't have that I wish I did. It's often hard for me to know when to keep my mouth shut. I open up so quickly. I tell everyone everything and almost always regret it. It seems like this is the lesson I have been learning lately. It's almost as if God is allowing the drama in my life in order for me to learn when to be prudent and when to share it with others.

One of my friends said it well: "Life is like a box of chocolates, don't let everyone have a piece of it." SO true. It's hard to get things back once you've given them away. Especially emotions. I'm working on it. God is teaching me.

Proverbs 8:12
"I, wisdom, dwell with prudence, and I find knowledge and discretion."

This entry was posted on Nov 5, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response .

2 Responses to “ Prudence ”

Yvonne said...

Just don't become me!

Liz said...

Hahaha don't worry, I think that's impossible! :P

Leave a Reply