Testing.

It's interesting to my how God can speak a whole new truth to you through something you have read hundreds of times!


I reading Romans right now. Got to chapter 12. (This is my first time reading through Romans in ESV.)

Verse 1-2 are very well known verses. I know them by heart. "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." (NKJV)

However, the ESV squeezes in a couple of words to verse 2. Kind of caught me off guard. "...that by testing you may discern what is the will of God."

I'm being tested right now. Oh man! But such is the life of one who desires to walk with the Lord!

This entry was posted on May 21, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response .

Leave a Reply