God's Blessings

"God's blessings don't always look the way we think they should look." -Garid Beeler

It's exciting when God does something in your life, and you start to put the pieces together and realize He's been at it for a while

It hit me yesterday. I went for ANOTHER job interview. Seriously, I'm practically at professional interviewer status now. Leaving this interview, I decided that this was another job I didn't want to take. I'll spare you the details for sake of the length of this blog, but you can ask me sometime and I'll tell you. (They are interesting details, by the way.) I realized that the ideal job would be one in a church setting. Ironic, because I had already been offered a job in a church setting and didn't accept it. Why didn't I accept it, might you ask? Because it is only part time. But that's when I got to thinking. Thinking back, I could see that God had his hand over this from the very beginning. 

It all started back in April. I hadn't yet graduated from CBU, but I was practically done with all my classes and projects so I started casually applying for jobs. I came across a listing for a church graphic designer job. The listing asked for a resume, examples of some work, and a brief paragraph bio. In my brief paragraph, I remember writing about how I felt that I would be the perfect candidate for the position because I was a Christian who majored in Graphic Design and Christian Studies. I sent the email and forgot all about it. May came. I graduated. June. July. August. 

In the middle of September, I received an email in response to that old listing. They hadn't even began replying to people up until that point and for some reason (God's direction, I presume) I was the first person they replied to. I interviewed, they offered me the position, and I kindly declined because I was looking for a full-time job. Yet, when God works, nothing gets in His way. A month and a half went by before I decided I wanted to accept the position. Somehow, it remained open.

God has blessed me. It's a perfect job—graphic design in a church setting. I couldn't be more pleased. 

I didn't recognize it at first because I was looking for a full time job, but I learned something this week at church. God's blessings don't always look the way we think they should look, but they are there. Just open your eyes. 

"Taste and see that the Lord is good!" (Ps. 34:8)
and
"Consider what great things He has done for you." (1 Sam. 12:24)


This entry was posted on Nov 4, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response .

2 Responses to “ God's Blessings ”

Unknown said...

LIZ!!! how awesome :) im glad i clicked on your blog today bc this it was so inspiring and not mention such a cool story! anyways congrats on the job...God really has His hands over you! :D

Bethany said...

Praise God!! :)

Leave a Reply