Attitude of Gratitude

I've heard it said, if ever you feel sad or discouraged, just start meditating on all the things you are thankful for. An attitude of gratitude or thankfulness can reverse any sorry mood.

Reading through 2 Samuel, I couldn't help but become overwhelmed with King David's attitude of gratitude. And it got me thinking, God has blessed me abundantly more than I could ever need. And as overwhelming as these blessings may be, they are a mere portion of what God does and who He is. I can only imagine what heaven will be like.

"Who am I, O Lord God, and what is my house, 
that you have brought me thus far?
And yet this was a small thing in your eyes, 
O Lord God." (2 Samuel 7:18-19 ESV)

This entry was posted on Jan 14, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response .

2 Responses to “ Attitude of Gratitude ”

Yvonne said...

I was JUST talking about this with a few people.

We were talking about hard times and thinking "what did I do to deserve this?

I said think about all the good things in your life. Ask yourself the same question "what did I do to deserve this?"

The answer to both is, absolutely nothing! Thats life!

Liz said...

SO SO true! I never thought about it like that before!

Leave a Reply