High Places

I feel like I've written about this before. But it's so crazy to me that I see so much of myself in the stubbornness of the Israelites in the Old Testament.

I'm reading through 2nd Kings right now. It's the same story over and over. So and so did right in the sight of the Lord, but the high places were not removed. Over and over. King after king. I find myself getting frustrated as I read. When will these people ever learn?! I think to myself. But isn't it strange that I do the same thing? Here I am, walking with the Lord, but have I removed the high places? Not really. It's always the same thing over and over with me and I seem to never learn.

God, here I am once again, trying to entrust this area of my life completely over to You. Please break down my high places. 

This entry was posted on Nov 13, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response .

Leave a Reply