Lukism

I've always been on the fence of the Calvinism/Arminianism debate. At times, I felt as though I were a staunch Calvinist. Other times, I felt like Arminianists made valid points. I literally told people that I was in the middle. I struggled with a few things on each side of the spectrum but felt flakey being in the middle. Today, I have come to a decision that I am happy with.

I have been studying the book of Acts lately. And I've learned something. In the speeches by Stephen, Peter, and Paul that Luke (the writer of Acts) documented, "without contradiction, [Luke] maintains a dual emphasis on divine election and on human response" (ESV Study Bible, Note on Acts 13:48).

Acts 13:48 says, "And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed."

Appointed - divine election
Believed - human response

There you have it, folks! Both are of equal importance. I am no longer on the fence of Calvinism or Arminianism. I am in Luke's camp! Who's with me?

This entry was posted on Oct 7, 2013 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response .

Leave a Reply